Monday, August 25, 2008

Pump it Up

Sorry everyone for the non blogging. I have been doing things and I have been taking pictures but I just been lazy or busy. I have been trying to get my BMX finished for awhile now so that's what I've been doing lately.

I found two bikes on craigslist.com for $300. My friend Joel bailed on going with me to pick them up, so I called Jhet and he agreed to help me out. I would have gone by myself but getting two BMX bikes into my little cavalier will not do. Jhet has a Tacoma, that will do. This is an old school mongoose turned freestyle. Mongoose frame with gt parts. My friend Joel paid for this one. I am going to clean it up a little before I give it to him.

This is a mid school GT freestyle turned cruiser. It has a coaster brake. Beach cruisers have coaster brakes for those who don't know...it's when you peddle backwards to brake. I bought this just for these Motomag IIs, and the v-bars. The motomags alone are worth what i paid for the whole bike. Brandon and I stripped it down yesterday for the parts that I want. We got this paint stripper and liquefied the paint to peel off of the handlebars and seat post...who would have that the seat post and v-bars where cro-mo. Brandon and I are going to strip the paint off of the motomags. Talking about restoration...What am I getting myself into?

No comments: