Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trying to build a BMX

I posted an early one of these but now I am going chronological order of pictures that I have uploaded. As you know, or if you don't know, I am building an old school BMX bike. Just a tip for those who are virgins to building a bike...buy your first one so when you build your second one, you have something to ride til the second one is done...and know what your doing or have someone else help you know what your doing. I have people with Albert "BMX" Einstein knowledge to help me with my build.

Early 80s Mongoose with GT parts.

Mid school GT with mongoose parts.

Strip those two bikes apart and you have one mongoose BMX. Stripped the paint off of the bars and seat post. Motomags taken off the GT as with the bars. Seat and seat post taken off the mongoose. Tires, frame, fork, crank, and sprocket I bought seperately from different places. I am getting there, but still short on some small things. I need this done before the big bike ride on the 6th. You could check out Rhandy or Guttersnipes blog for the post about the ride/bbq.

No comments: