Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Car Towed

Friday, I was driving to work when my car just suddenly started slowing down. My radio and lights were still on. I call my co-worker Abe to come and see if he can help me. We couldn't see any visual problems so he helped me move my car to a safer area. This safer area was down hill. He reverses down this hill and into a residential street in Eastlake. Yup I was bummed. I called my insurance because they have road side assistance. Apparently their phone people are in a different state and they couldn't locate me on their GPS. Of coarse I had to be stuck in a brand new establishment so it wasn't on GPS or mapquest.com yet. Even when my co-worker tried to find me, he couldn't locate me through his GPS. So I was bummed once again. Abe drove us to work. When I arrived at work I started trying to find someone with AAA. No luck but Alma, the receptionist, had somewhat of a AAA thing but from her phone provider (I don't know it was weird for me too). Janelle, my other co-worker, gladly "volunteered" (she didn't have a choice, I told her to) to drive me back to my car to wait for the tow company. Pictures courtesy of her, I don't bring my camera everywhere...hence the not blogging everyday thing.

While waiting, I saw this ambulance type thing...

Well it wasn't an ambulance, it was mobile grooming. I think it is just an undercover for dog euthanasia, that's why its an ambulance.

I took off my In4mation license plate holder so it wouldn't break while my car was being hauled onto the tow truck...i should have took my whole license off...when my car was being taken off of the tow truck, because of my stupid license plate my whole front bumper almost came off.

Broken glass from the previous person that was parked here...I am not sure this is a good place for cars...bad things happen.

Tow truck guy was lost. I was on the corner of Mount Miguel and some other street and so was the truck driver...but we weren't. I guess there was another same cross street down the street. How lame is that, the tow guy was lost.

...waiting...

Don't know what to tell you...

Finally...Rapid towing my ass.


This wasn't the first time my car got towed...just hated seeing it get towed again.


My back look a little to close to the ground.

Just enough space...good thing I don't have a fancy exhaust.




Loaded and ready to go...I went with the truck driver to Hanna's parents house because her dad here is my mechanic. Last time this happened, I needed a new fuel pressure regulator. Her dad checked my starter, checked to see if I was getting any spark, checked my gas line...Gas was coming out but only a little bit. He then shook my car and heard no liquid sloshing around inside. So we went to the gas station and got gas. Put the gas in my car. It turns out that I just ran out of gas...funny story...There were no signs of my car being out of gas. My fuel gage was at a line above empty and none of my lights on my dash turned on to notify me that my car was thirsty. Now I know how it feels to run out of gas.

No comments: